Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Meet Lucy, she was Zoe's bestfriend...

Just when things were starting to get peaceful and boring... a new character has come forth.  I left work early and bought my favorite dinner, cheese prata with curry sauce.  As I enter the house, wide smiles welcomed me in the living room and Zoe introduced her cousin to me.  Okay, she didn't tell me that she was having a guest who's staying over but it's fine...  As I eat my dinner at the dining room, I started a casual conversation with Lucy.  

Moi:  So, how long are you staying here for holiday?
Lucy:  Well, I don't know... maybe a month or so.  I'm gonna try to 
          look for a job here.

Zoe interrupted, "Oh!  She's just staying for a month... max!"

Moi:  I see.  So are you going to apply at Zoe's company?
Lucy:  Yup! I'll try, she said she'll help me get in.
Moi:  Oooh... that would be fun.  You'll be working together.
Lucy:  Yeah!  Zoe and I are bestfriends in college.

"Yeah... she WAS my bestfriend", Zoe butted in.  

As I try not to spit the curry out of my nose when I heard Zoe's remark, Lucy continued talking as if trying to change the topic.  Something funny is definitely going on between these two.  hahaha!  Then we continued talking while Zoe was busy chatting in her laptop.  About an hour after, Zoe already went inside her room and Lucy is still talking non-stop and she has already shared how her life was like for the last 5 years.  How she got into drugs, had a same sex relationship, and got into some illegal deals.  She even told me that a few months ago, she ran away from her gangster boyfriend because he was beating her up.  Then the guy proposed marriage to her and they got back together.  Two months after, the guy got killed and now she's here trying to move on... 

My eyes are really tired and I'm now practically typing with just my right eye open, I have to continue this some other time...

No comments:

Post a Comment